CHICKEN SHAWARAMA RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHICKEN
- 250 gms boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp chilli pwdr [as per taste]
- ¼ tsp turmeric pwdr
- ½ tsp garam masala pwdr
- ¼ tsp kasoori methi pwdr
- Pinch of tandoori colour [optional]
- 1 tbsp oil for shallow fry
- Salt as per taste
Clean ,wash and drain the chicken breast.
Pat dry it and apply few cuts over it.
Marinate it with curd ginger-garlic paste,chilli,turmeric ,garam masala pwdr,colour ,kasoori methi pwdr and salt .
Marinate it for minimum 1 hr to overnight.
Shallow fry the chicken pieces by turning both the sides as shown in the pic.
Once done remove from flame and chop it into small pieces.
Keep it aside.
Chicken tikka is ready
INGREDIENTS FOR ASSEMBLING
- Shawarama bread or pita bread or roti made of maida flour
- Garlic chutney – http://maryzkitchen.com/red-chilli-garlic-chutney/
- Plain Mayonnaise
- Thinly chopped cabbage or lettuce.
- Fried potato strips or fried French fries
Roast the bread directly on stove by turning on both the sides for few seconds till light brown patches appear.[it willburn if you roast it for more than few seconds]
Keep the bread on a thick tissue.
Apply garlic chutney on the bread.
Then spread mayonnaise generously.
Then place the other ingredients one by one in the center as shown in the pic.
Roll the bread tightly.
Then roll the tissue paper over it and serve.
- You can fill stuffing of your choice.
- Instead of chicken try paneer tikka
- Paneer tikka –http://maryzkitchen.com/paneer-tikkatava-fry-paneer-tikka/
- Mushroom tikka – http://maryzkitchen.com/tandoori-mushroom-on-tawa/
- Instead of chicken tikka try
- Plain chicken fry –http://maryzkitchen.com/salt-and-pepper-chicken/
- Use mayo of your choice,I have used garlic mayo.
- Mayo has to be used generously or it would taste dry.
FOR MORE TIPS ,TRICKS,VIDEOS, RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE