SPONGY SOFT FLUFFY VANILLA CAKE
- 1 cup – maida /APF .
- ¾ cup – Sugar. [powder it ]
- 2 – fresh Eggs at room tempt . [Egg can be replaced with milkmaid or curd]
- ½ cup – Milk . [room tempt ]
- ½ cup – Oil (any oil odourless and colourless /even olive oil will do ) Instead of oil ,u can use butter 150 gms.
- 1 ½ tsp – Vanilla essence.
- 1 tsp – Baking powder .
- Cake tin.
- Preheat the oven at 180* C
- Sieve maida with baking powder 2 – 3 times
- Grease and flour cake tin.
Beat the eggs well with an electric hand mixer till it doubles in volume and becomes light and fluffy .
Then add sugar and beat until the mixture is creamy, now add milk + oil and Vanilla essence and mix well.
Add maida and mix it using the cut and fold method. [ never beat any cake batter ,once the flour is added ]
Pour the batter in the greased tin and tap it gently .
Pop the tin in the preheated oven .
Bake it in pre heated oven at 180 * C for about 25 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. [Check after 25 minutes.]
Remove the cake from the oven, leave it to cool. [20 mins]
Loosen it from the sides by running a knife around the edges of the tin .
Now invert it on a plate.
Your cake is ready to serve .
Either you can serve it plain or top it with icing or chocolate sauce.
*** Yes we can bake it in cooker ,refer here for recipe – Cooker cake
- Once the batter is ready immediately bake it .
- Same recipe goes with chocolate cake .just add a tbsp of cocoa pwdr to the maida and sieve together .
- No overbeating of batter .
- You can use saffola /sundrop oil or any oil without smell .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ? – 500 recipes
- Veg recipes – 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking fish – 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 20 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton – 20 + recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight