STUFFED SPRING ONION PARATHA
- Wheat flour – 1 ½ cup
- Oil to knead the dough – 2 tsp
- Very Finely chopped spring onion– 1 ½ cup [ green + white ]
- Green chilli + ginger + garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Red chilli pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala – ¼ tsp
- Grated cheese – 1 cube [optional ]
- Amchur pwdr – a generous pinch [ optional ]
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Oil or ghee to fry the paratha
- Mix wheat flour + salt + oil + water and make a soft dough and keep aside for sometime.
- Heat 1 tsp oil ,add the green chilli + ginger + garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves .Add the spring onion greens and fry on high or medium flame for 1 or 2 minutes. Remove and keep aside to cool.[ see that there is not much moisture ] Here we can also add 1 tbsp of roasted besan to the mixture and mix well to absorb the moisture..
- Make a mixture of stir fried spring onion + coriander leaves + chilli pwdr + garam masala + chaat masala + amchur pwdr + salt + grated cheese.
Divide the dough into equal balls.
Roll the balls into small circle and place enough of onion mixture in the centre.
Bring the edges of the dough together in the centre and pinch it.
Flatten this ball and roll into thick parathas by dusting dry flour.
Heat the tava or non stick pan.
Place the paratha on it .
Fry on both sides by drizzling little ghee or oil.
While frying press it around the edges with a spatula.
Once done remove it.
Serve hot with home made butter , curd, pickle, onion or sweet chutney and green chutney.
*****NOTE – It is bit difficult to roll this paratha ,as the leaves are wet after frying .Be careful either try adding roasted besan to the mixture or try the other method of kneading everything together and rolling – spring-onion-paratha without stuffing .
VARIATION – Instead of frying the spring onion ,you can use it directly. But chop it finely else it will be difficult to roll. Here we can add grated paneer for binding .
- The mixture should not be wet. If the mixture becomes wet ,you can add roasted besan flour and mix it.
- Once the mixture is ready , immediately make the parathas or it will become watery
- While rolling the parathas , roll it gently by dusting flour, so that it does not break.
- The dough should be soft so that it is easy to roll.
- Y not add Ajwain ,it adds little flavour.
- Remember to chop the spring onion very finely.
- Instead of stuffing we can knead all the ingredients together and make parathas without stuffing – no stuffing spring onion paratha –
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Palak paratha
- Chocolate paratha
- Onion paratha
- Stuffed aloo cheese paratha
- Mooli ka paratha
- Paneer paratha recipe
- Cabbage paratha recipe
- ALOO PARATHA WITHOUT STUFFING
- Methi paratha
- Cauliflower paratha
- Kheema paratha
- Cabbage paratha without stuffing
- Spring onion paratha recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies