- Cooked basmati rice – 2 cup [ rice should be grainy not overcooked or mushy ]
- Boiled sweet corn – 1 ½ cup
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- Oil – 1 tbsp [olive oil will also do ]
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chilli pwdr – 1 ½ tsp or as per taste
- Coriander pwdr – 2 tsp
- Garam masala pwdr – 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Whole garam masala – 1 small piece of cinnamon + 1 clove + 1 cardamom+ 1 bayleaf + 3 black pepper
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a pan ,add whole garam masala and let it splutter .[don’t burn ]
Add onion and fry till light brown.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves .
Add chilli pwdr + turmeric + coriander pwdr + garam masla pwdr + salt and fry for few secs.
Add the cooked rice and mix well, till it blends with the masalas.
Cook for sometime and off the flame .
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with any side dish.
I served it with mushroom Manchurian.
- You can use frozen American sweet corn.
- Adjust masalas as per your taste.
- You can use regular rice or even left over rice.
- The above recipe is like a simple pulao recipe, you can give a variation by just giving tadka [phodni] or like lemon rice or simple fried rice .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Sweet corn soup
- Cheese corn balls
- Crispy corn
- Corn capsicum sandwich recipe
- Cheese corn potato balls
- Corn masala recipe
- Cheese corn spinach sandwich recipe
- Cheese corn cutlet recipe
- Veg sweetcorn soup recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.