- Chicken with bones – ½ kg
- Onion sliced thinly – 1 big
- potato – 1 big [ chop into big cubes ]
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ripe tomatoes – 2 or 3 [ not sour ]
- Garam masala pwdr – 1 tsp
- Few whole garam masala – jeera ,1clove , 1cardamom ,1 small piece of cinnamon ,1 bayleaf
- Coriander pwdr – 2 tsp
- Chilli pwdr – 1 or 1 ½ tsp or as per taste
- Coriander pwdr – ½ tsp
- Ghee + oil – 1 tbsp
- Curd – ½ cup fresh not sour
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Whole green chilli – 2
- Salt to taste
Clean ,wash ,rinse and chop the chicken .
Heat oil + ghee ,add whole garam masala and let it splutter .[ don’t burn]
Add onion and fry till golden brown .
Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves .
Add tomatoes + salt and fry till oil separates .
Add chilli pwdr + coriander pwdr + garam masala pwdr + turmeric and fry .
Add chicken + potato and mix well .
Stir fry for 2 mins .
Cover and cook for 10 mins on medium flame .[ the chicken will sweat ]
Add curd, mix well and simmer for more10 –12 mins.[ you can add ¼ cup water also ]
Once done mix well and garnish with coriander leaves .
Serve with rice or any Indian bread .goes well with pav .
- The chicken gets cooked in its own + tomatoes juice .
- Potato is optional but potato cooked in non veg gravy tastes yum.
- No need to add much water .
- Don’t use sour tomato or curd .
- You can garnish with little kasoori methi.
- Cooking time depends upon the size of the chicken pieces .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?
- Clear chicken soup
- Mutton nawabi korma
- Fish burji
- Easy prawns masala
- Paya curry recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies