THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING /DIP
- Mayonnaise – ¼ cup
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Very finely minced onion – 1 tsp
- Finely minced garlic – ¼ tsp [ ½ of 1 clove]
- Sugar – ¼ tsp [optional ]
- Chilli sauce – ½ tsp
- Pepper pwdr – a pinch
- White vinegar or lemon juice – few drops
- Mixed herbs or oregano – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
Refrigerate till chill .
Serve as a dip or dressing for salad .
*** Onion and garlic can be optional .garlic gives a strong flavour and the onion gives a crunch .Onion can be replaced with celery.For a plain version avoid both onion and garlic .If you don’t add these 2 ingredients ,then shelf life increases .
- You can even make pasta in this sauce – just add boiled pasta and few finely sliced veges ,mix well . Cold pasta salad is ready .
- U can add a tsp of olive oil .
- Instead of onion u can add celery .
- Use it as a dip for toasted cheese garlic bread .
- U can use this dressing in burgers /wraps /rolls / sandwiches .
- Adjust ingredients as per taste.
- U can add very finely chopped olives / capsicum / red bell pepper /grated hard boiled eggs .
- U can refrigerate and use for 2 – 3 days .
- Instead of mayo u can use fresh thick curd / hung curd.
- For Indian touch u can add finely chopped coriander leaves or spring onion greens .
- You can add grounded mustard pwdr .
- You can also add fresh cream to make it more rich .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips ,tricks , videos ,recipe ,amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies