VEG SCHEZWAN NOODLES
- Noodles one pkt – 150 gms [ Local one which we get from Kirana shop for Rs 20]
- 1 cup onion sliced ( spring onion).
- 1 tbsp of chopped ginger+ garlic + green chilli .
- 2 tbsp of olive oil / regular oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots.
- ¼ cup of beans cut in diamond shape.
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage.
- ½ capsicum thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped spring onion greens for garnish
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 2 or 3 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 1 or 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp pepper pwdr
- Orange food colour – optional
- Ajinomoto – a generous pinch for actual Chinese flavour [ optional ]
- Salt as per taste .
- Boil enough water for the noodles to immerse . Add the noodles + salt and cook until soft not mushy . Pls don’t over cook .Drain water and keep under tap water to remove excess starch . Drizzle little oil ,toss it and keep it aside ,You can refrigerate .
- Finely slice all the veges .
- Keep all the ingredients ready before you start .
- Schezwan sauce recipe –
Heat oil in a pan , add ginger + garlic + green chilli and fry .[don’t burn – colour should not change .
Add onions and stir fry .
Add all the veges one by one and stir fry .
Add schezwan sauce + salt + pepper pwdr + tomato ketchup + soya sauce + vinegar + food colour + ajinomoto and mix well.
Drizzle 1 or 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
Add the boiled noodles and mix well.
Mix or toss till it gets completely coated with the sauces .
Garnish with spring onion greens and off the flame.
Serve hot .
There are two variations of raw noodles : 1- veg white colour noodles
2- yellow egg noodles.
The yellow noodles tastes better.
- Use olive oil while cooking Chinese .
- You can make schezwan sauce at home or use ready made ones .
- Don’t over cook the noodles .
- Don’t over cook the veges , it should have a crunchy texture.
- You can also add capsicum of different colour, babycorn , mushroom , sprouts, soya chunks .
- U can increase or decrease the quantity of veges .
- While peparaing for kids deseed the green chillies or instead of finely chopping break the chilli into two pieces.
- Instead of finely chopped ginger and garlic ,you can add paste of ginger garlic.
- For Indian touch you can add finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish .
- Instead of slicing the veges you can also finely chop them or grate it , if kids make fuss about the veges.
- For chicken noodles add boiled and shredded chicken while adding the veges and in the end add scrambled egg.You can also scramble the egg while cooking the other ingredients.
- You can make a variant by adding chings noodles masala. But be careful the masala is bit spicy .Kids don’t like.
- I prefer the local noodles pkt ,they r fine and taste good .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips ,tricks , videos ,recipe ,amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies