- Kala chana / black chick peas – 250 gms
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- Finely chopped green chilli – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Very finely chopped coriander leaves + mint leaves – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Chilli pwdr – ½ tsp
- Garam masala pwdr – ½ tsp
- Kasoori methi pwdr – ¼ tsp [ optional ]
- Roasted gram flour / besan – 2 or 3 tbsp for binding
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying or shallow frying
Soak the chana overnight . Next day pressure cook it with little salt till soft not mushy . Once done drain of the excess water – there should be no moisture – wipe it or dry it . Blend this to a coarse mixture not smooth . Keep aside .
Take the blended chana in a mixing bowl or plate .
Add the other ingredients except oil .
Mix well with clean hands .
Divide the mixture into small portions. [ lemon size ]
Grease your hands and roll each portion into a smooth ball .
Flatten the balls with your palms .
If time provides refrigerate for sometime or fry it .
Heat oil in a deep pan .
Once the oil is hot ,slide in the kebabs .
Fry few at a time – don’t crowd the pan .
Fry it on all sides till golden colour .
Drain and remove on an absorbent paper .
Garnish with onion rings and mint leaves .
Serve with any chutneys / sauce /dips .
*** just check first by frying one kebab to see whether the binding is ok . If the kebabs break then add more gram flour .
Best is shallow frying .
- Don’t grind it to a smooth mixture , just pulse beat it . You can also mash it with a masher .
- For binding you can also add mashed potato .
- You can also bake it in oven .
- I added kasoori methi pwdr for more flavour .
- You can also roll the tikkis in bread crumbs for more crispiness .
- You can also use white kabuli chana .
- If you are a eggetarian ,then add 1 egg for binding .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips ,tricks , videos ,recipe ,amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies