VEGETABLE GOLD COIN / BREAD TOPPED WITH POTATO FILLING – A CHINESE RECIPE
- Bread slices – few
- Mashed potato – 1 cup
- Grated carrot – 3 tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander / spring onion greens – 2 tbsp
- Pepper pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Finely chopped ginger + garlic + garlic – ½ tbsp
- Soya sauce – ½ tsp [don’t add too much or the mixture will become black ]
- Maida – ¼ cup
- Sesame seeds as required
- Oil for deep frying or shallow frying
- Make a paste of ¼ cup of maida + ¼ cup of water and keep aside .
- Using a circle mould cut the bread into roundels .[ from 1 bread you should be able to make 2 circles ]
- Make a mixture of mashed potato + carrot + finely chopped ginger garlic chilli + pepper pwdr + soya sauce + salt .
Take one bread circle and top it with a spoon of potato mixture, spread it all over by applying little pressure .
Now apply the mixture of maida paste over it as shown in the pic.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds all over it .
Repeat this procedure with all the bread slices.
Refrigerate for sometime or fry it directly.
Heat oil in a pan .
Slide in one coin and fry till golden brown colour.
Serve hot with Chinese chilli sauce / schezwan sauce . [ I served it with green chutney ]
- We can also add finely chopped spring onion / capsicum/peas / corn / cooked minced chicken.
- Instead of circles we can cut the bread slice into 4 equal squares to avoid wastage.
- The coin has to be small of bite size [ coin size ] as the name of the recipe says coin .
- I was in a hurry so made 1 coin from each bread .
- Use the sides of the bread to make crumbs .
- Try this recipe in Hotel Devi’s residency Vashi
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Cheesy pull apart bread
- Pita bread
- Instant bread gulab jamun recipe
- Bread caramel pudding recipe
- Dominos stuffed garlic bread recipe
- Chicken bread pockets recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.