SEVAI KESARI / SEMIYA KESARI / VERMICELLI KESARI
- Vermicelli – 1 cup [ not very fine]
- Water – 1 ¾ or 2 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup or ¾ cup or as per taste
- Melted Ghee – 1 ½ or 2 tbsp
- Cardamom pwdr – a pinch
- Orange food colour – a pinch
- Broken cashew – few
- Raisins – few [optional ]
- Saffron – few strands for garnish [optional ]
Heat ghee in 1 tsp ghee in a pan and fry the cashew and raisins and keep aside .
In the same pan roast the vermicelli till light golden colour .[colour should not change much ]
Boil water in a pan, once it starts boiling add the vermicelli and cook on low flame till complete moisture evaporates .[vermicelli should be completely cooked ]
Add sugar and mix well, again the mixture will become loose .
Add food colour and mix well .
When it starts to thicken add the ghee + cardamom pwdr and mix well .
When the sevai starts leaving the sides of the pan, off the flame .
Garnish with cashew + raisins and serve.
- The sevai should be fully cooked before adding the sugar else it will become hard and chewy.
- Water quantity depends on the quality and size of vermicelli .
- I have used bambino vermicelli .
- You can store upto 2 days in fridge .while serving it microwave for few secs.
- If using 1 cup of very very fine sevai add ½ cup water and ¼ cup sugar .
For more recipes click on the names below ;-
- Rava kesari recipe
- Pineapple kesari recipe
- Kesari recipe
- Jackfruit kesari recipe
- Meethi chawal
- Sweet vermecelli recipe
- Vermicelli upma recipe
- Vermicelli biryani recipe
- Lemon sevai
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.