WHOLE WHEAT EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
BAKED IN KADAI By Navneet Kaur
INGREDIENTS [ 1 cup – 200 ml ]
- Whole wheat flour or APF(maida) – 1½ cup
- Coco powder = 1-1/2 tbsp
- Baking pwdr – 1 ¼ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Curd – 1 cup at room temperature [ not very sour ]
- Sugar – 1/2 cup or more
- Cooking oil – ½ cup [ odourless /colourless ]
- Chocolate or vanilla essence – 1 ¼ tsp or 1 ½ tsp (optional)
- Milk – 1cup apprx. on Room temp.
- Sieve the maida twice and take it in a mixing bowl .
- The curd has to be at room temperature .
- Grease and dust the baking tin .
Take the big mixie jar, add the sugar and blend it into pwdr .
Now add curd to it and blend it together till sugar melts .
Add baking pwdr + baking soda , beat it .
Cover and keep this mixture for 5 mins in the jar itself .
The mixture will bubble.
**** Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 * C****
Or Preheat the cooker or pan or kadai for 10 minutes on medium flame or 5 mins on high .
Once the mixture in the jar becomes frothy . [ bubbly ]
Add oil + essence and pulse beat it to blend the mixture well .
Now slowly pour this mixture into the sieved maida flour kept in the mixing bowl .
And add milk little by little in the mix to give a flowing batter consistency.
While pouring keep mixing with a spatula so that no lumps are formed .
**** Remember no beating ,once the flour is mixed .****
Once you finish mixing the flour and the batter is ready .
Pour it in the greased tin and tap it gently twice .
Now pop the tin in the oven and bake it at 180 * C for 30 – 35 mins till toothpick comes clean from the centre . [ mine was done in 30 mins ]
Refer here for baking in kadai /pan /cooker –
Once the cake is done allow it to cool for 15 mins .
Run a knife around the edge of the tin to loosen the cake .
Invert the tin over a plate .
Once again , cool the cake before slicing .
**** I baked this cake in kadai .
Chocolate cake is ready for icing or serve it plain .
*** Same recipe goes for vanilla / butterscotch / pineapple etc sponge cake just add essence and food colour accordingly and skip coco powder and milk.***
☆ Once the batter is ready immediately bake it .
☆ No overbeating of batter .
☆ You can use saffola /sundrop .
☆ You can add nuts or chocolate chips or tutti fruiti in the cake.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 50 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 130 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
- Paneer recipes – 20 + recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies