RIBBON CHAKLI / MURUKKU OR RIBBON PAKODA
- Rice flour – 1 3/4 cup
- Roasted gram dal pwdr / dalia pwdr – 1/2 cup
- Chilli pwdr – 2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a generous pinch
- Butter – 1 tsp room temperature
- White sesame seeds / til – 1 tsp [ optional ]
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Chakli press with the ribbon disc as shown in the pic
Take the rice flour + roasted gram dal pwdr + chilli pwdr + asafoetida + salt + sesame seeds + butter in a plate amd mix well till crumbly.
Now start kneading by adding water little by little.
Knead it into a soft, non sticky and stiff dough.[not loose]
Heat oil in pan.
Stuff the chakli press with the dough.
Press it directly into the hot oil in a circular pattern in a single layer . [don’t press on top of one layer ,let it be a single layer ]
Fry on both sides till the sizzling [sshh] sound stops.
Remove it on an absorbent paper.
Allow it to cool .
Once cooled store it in an air tight container.
Serve as snacks at tea time.
For rice flour ,click here – Rice flour
- You can also add pepper pwdr instead of chilli pwdr.
- You can take equal amount of each flour .
- You can also add a pinch of turmeric pwdr.
- Be careful while pressing it in the hot oil .
- You can also add 1/2 tsp of garlic paste for variation.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Murukku recipe
- Kaju katli
- Microwave besan ladoo
- Kesar kulfi recipe
- Rice kheer recipe
- Perfect ice-cream recipe
- Rice fryums recipe
- Banana gulgula
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies.