- 30 – red dry kashmiri chillies
- 20 – garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp – finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp – tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp – soya sauce
- 1tsp – sugar
- 1tsp – vinegar
- 1 tsp – pepper powder or triphal [sichaun pepper] powder
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ cup or more oil
Cut the top part of chillies, split it from middle and remove all the seeds. Soak it in hot water for 30 mins. Drain the red chillies . [reserve ½ cup of the water ] Grind it with salt to a fine paste by adding water. Keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan .
Add the garlic and ginger and fry [it should not burn and change colour]
Add the chilli paste and mix well .
Add tomato sauce, soya sauce, sugar, pepper powder and mix well.
Adjust salt as we had already added while grinding the red chilly.
Simmer it for 5 mins till oil separates well.
Cool it and store it in a air tight container.
- Serve the sauce with any snacks OR to make fried rice or noodles.
- The chillies have to be deseeded to reduce the spiciness.
- I did not add pepper pwdr.
- Use more oil ,the oil should float on the top as it increase the shelf life of the sauce.
- You can add a tbsp of finely chopped celery.
- You can refrigerate it for a month.
- Sichuan pepper gives a unique flavour to the sauce.
- In hotels they add lot of orange food colour.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
FOR MORE TIPS ,TRICKS,VIDEOS, RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE