PUMPKIN STIR FRY
- Pumpkin chopped – 3 cup
- Onion finely chopped – 1
- Red chilli broken – 1
- Green chilli chopped – 1 or 2 or as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds + urad dal – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt to taste
- Freshly grated coconut – 2 or 3 tbsp
Peel the skin of the pumpkin ,discard the seeds and chop it into small cubes and keep aside .
Heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds + urad dal and let it splutter .
Add onion + curry leaves + green chilli + red chilli + asafoetida and stir fry till translucent .
Add the pumpkin and stir fry for a minute.
Adjust salt .
Sprinkle little water ,cover and cook till soft .[not mushy ]
Finally add the grated coconut and mix well .
Off the flame.
Serve as a side dish .good combo for rice with dal / sambar.
- Chopping it small saves cooking time and kids don’t make fuss about eating .
- This veg gives a sweet taste so adjust chilli accordingly.
- You can garnish with coriander leaves .[ optional ]
- As I say for my all veg stir fries – you can add scrambled egg towards the end before adding coconut .You can just shift the veges to the edges ,break an egg in the centre ,+ add salt and scramble it and cook it. Then mix the veges together and garnish with coconut OR Scramble the in a separate pan and later add to the veges.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ? – 500 recipes
- Veg recipes – 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish – 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 20 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton – 20 + recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
- Keerai poriyal recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies