CHEESE CORN BALLS
- Boiled sweet corn kernels – 1 cup
- Maida / plain flour – 2 ½ tbsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Pepper pwdr as required
- Grated processed cheese – – ¼ cup or more
- Butter – 1 ½ tbsp
- Corn flour – ¼ cup for caoting
- Bread crumbs as required for coating
- Oil for deep frying
- No need to add salt as we are adding lot of cheese.
Heat butter in a pan .
Lower the flame and add the flour .
Saute for a minute.
Add the milk, stir and cook till the mixture thickens.
Off the flame and allow it to cool.
Add the corn + cheese + pepper pwdr and mix well.
Divide it into equal portions and roll each portion into small sized balls.
If time provides, refrigerate for some time.
Make a thin batter of corn flour + water.
Take the bread crumbs in a plate.
Dip each corn balls in cornflour batter and roll it over the bread crumbs.
Roll it well so that it is evenly coated.
Refrigerate for sometime .[min 30 min ]
Deep fry the balls till golden brown on medium flame.
Once done, strain and remove on absorbent paper.
Serve hot with sauce or dips as a starter.
- You can also add finely chopped coriander leaves ,chilli flakes.
- While coating repeat the process twice to get a thick crispy covering.
Try my other corn recipes by clicking on the names :-
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies