- Cooked rice – 2 cup
- Freshly grated coconut – ¾ or 1 cup
- Oil + ghee – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Grated ginger – ½ tsp [optional ]
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Red chilli – 1 broken .
- Chopped green chilli – 1 or 2 or as per taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Asafeotida – a pinch
- Cashew nut – few broken
- Salt as per taste
Clean ,wash and soak the rice for 20 mins. Cook it with salt .
Heat oil + ghee in a pan , add mustard seeds + urad dal .
Add ginger + curry leaves + red chilli + green chilli + cashew + asafoetida and fry for few seconds.
Lower the flame .
Add the grated coconut and fry on low flame for 2- 3 minutes . [colour should not change ]
Add coriander leaves + salt , mix well /
Add the cooked rice and mix well .
Cook for 1 minute.
Serve with any gravy and side dish.
- I have added grated carrot to add colour to the rice.
- You can also add lemon juice.
- I have used basmati rice ,you can use any rice or use leftover rice.
- Instead of cashew you can add peanuts or chana dal.
- For more coconut flavour ,you can add little coconut oil.
- If you don’t like the crunchy texture of the dals then add soaked dal .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Tomato rice
- Rice porridge recipe
- Fried rice recipe
- Veg schezwanfried rice recipe
- Tricolour rice recipe
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies