PANI PURI KA PURI / GOLGAPPA KA PURI
- Fine rava or sooji [ not roasted ] – ½ cup
- Maida – ½ or 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Warm water or chilled soda as required to knead the dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Small round mould or any lid to cut
Mix rava + salt + maida and knead it into a stiff dough using soda or warm water.
Cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 mins.
Again knead the dough into soft dough and divide it into equal portions.
Roll each ball into thin round rotis . [ thin just like chapatti or phulkas. It should not be very thin or very thick ]
Using the mould or cutter make small round puris as shown in the pic.
Remove the extra dough and reuse it.
Heat the oil and drop the puris one by one .[oil should be hot ]
Deep fry the puris on medium heat.
While frying press the puris with a spatula , just like we do for regular pooris to puff it.
Deep fry them till crisp and golden brown .[don’t burn it ]
Remove it on a absorbent paper , allow it to cool and store it in a airtight container.
- The dough should be tight [stiff] and not loose like chapatti dough.
- You can aslo use a pinch of baking soda .
- The oil should be hot ,but after dropping the puri lower the flame ,so that the puris don’t burn and you fry them on low flame till it turns crispy. It takes time for frying .
- While dropping the puris if the oil is not hot then the puris will not puff.
- Ensure to use fine rava . If your rava is not fine ,try grinding it . Also don’t use roasted rava.
For more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies