TOMATO RICE / TOMATO BAATH
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Tomato – 2 or 3 finely chopped
- Cooked rice or leftover rice – 3 or 4 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Sambar masala pwdr – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric pwdr – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli pwdr – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Finely chopped coriander leaves -2 or 3 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil + ghee – 1 tbsp
Soak the rice for 20 min and cook it with salt .The grains should be separate OR use leftover rice.
Heat oil + ghee, add jeera and let it splutter.
Add onion + curry leaves and fry till translucent.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves .
Add tomato and cook till soft .
Add red chilli pwdr + turmeric pwdr + sambar pwdr + salt and fry for few seconds.
Add coriander leaves and mix well.
Add the cooked rice and mix well.
Cook on low flame for 1 or 2 minute .
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with any side dish and raita.
- VARIATION :- Instead of sambar pwdr use 1 tsp of garam masala it will give you a taste of pulav or biryani or add few whole garam masala with jeera and ½ tsp of garam masala pwdr & your instant biryani will be ready.
- You can add roasted peanuts or cashew.
- You can add mustards seeds also.
- You can also grind the tomato and add tomato puree instead of chopped tomatoes .
- You can cook the masala first and add soaked rice and cook it together in pan or cooker.Here you can add coconut milk to enhance the flavour.
- You can use any rice ,I have used basmati .
- You can also add veges.
- You can reduce red chilli pwdr and add green chilli.
- ****For more flavour you can cook the rice in stock or while cooking the rice add whole garam masalas like we do for biryani .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Capsicum rice recipe
- Curd rice recipe
- Lemon rice recipe
- Tamarind rice recipe
- Carrot rice
- Garlic rice
- Jeera rice
- Pudhina rice
- Mango rice
- Sweet corn rice
- Sesame rice
- Coriander rice
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies