CUCUMBER SALAD / KHAMANG KAKDI
- Cucumbers – 2
- Roasted skinless peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped green chilli – 1 or as per taste
- Freshly grated coconut – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Grated carrot – 2 tbsp [ optional ]
- Sugar- ¼ tsp [optional ]
- Salt to taste
- Very finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Jeera – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
Peel the cucumber and chop it very very very finely. Keep aside for sometimes to release the water. Squeeze the excess juice .
Take the cucumber in a mixing bowl .
Add green chilli + crushed peanuts + coconut + lemon juice + coriander leaves + salt + sugar and mix well .
Heat ghee for tempering ,add jeera + curry leaves + asafoetida .
Add this tempering into the salad mix well .
Ready to serve .
- This recipe was shared by my friend Shilpa Kannade .
- The Maharashtrians actually chop the cucumber by the process called tochne – keep slicing the cucumber horizontally and vertically and then chop it finely .
- You can make the salad and add salt and sugar while serving ,to avoid cucumber from sweating more.
- You can add little curd also .
- I have added grated carrot for colour.
- While tempering you can also add ¼ tsp of mustard seeds .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Beetroot curd salad
- Carrot curd salad
- SIMPLE SALAD
- Corn salad
- Mexican beans salad
- Roasted bell pepper salad
- Stir fry veg salad recipe
- Bell pepper salad recipe
- Mediterranean salad recipe
- Beetroot raita
- Bhindi raita
- Carrot raita
- Cabbage raita
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies