RED BELL PEPPER [ CAPSICUM ] CHUTNEY
- Chopped onion – 1
- Chopped tomato – 1
- Chopped red bell pepper [capsicum ] – 1
- Garlic – 2 [optional ]
- Chopped coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Chana dal – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli 2 or 3 or as per taste
- Oil – 2 tsp + 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- Salt to taste
Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan ,add chana dal + urad dal and fry till golden brown .[ don’t burn it]
Add red chilli and fry.
Add onion and fry till translucent.
Add tomatoes and fry till soft .
Add red capsicum + salt and fry till soft .
Add coriander leaves and fry till it shrinks .
Off the flame and allow it to cool .
Grind this mixture + garlic into a smooth paste .
Adjust salt if required.
Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
Add curry leaves and off the flame .
Pour this seasoning over the chutney ,mix it and cover it .
Capsicum chutney is ready to be served as accompaniment for South Indian breakfast items or even chapatti /paratha .
- I did not fry the garlic ,I added it raw while grinding.
- You can try the same recipe with green capsicum.
- Instead of red chilli you can add green chilli .
- You can add ½ tsp urad dal while tempering also.
- You can also add a tsp of jeera.
- ***You can also add 2 tbsp of freshly grated coconut .I have tried.
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Southindian coconut chutney recipe
- Sesame dry chutney powder
- Hotel style thick coconut chutney
- Tomato mint chutney
- Instant onion chutney
- Chana dal chutney
- Tomato sweet chutney
- Niger seeds dry chutney powder
- Onion chutney recipe
- Tomato onion coriander chutney recipe
- Peanut chutney for idli and dosa
- Horse gram chutney recipe
- Red coconut chutney recipe
- Raw mango chutney
- Dry coconut chutney powder
- Peanut chutney powder recipe
- Mint chutney recipe
- khajur aur imli ki chutney
- Green chutney recipe
- Dal chutney powder for rice
- Mint chutney for idli
- Kara [ spicy ] chutney
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies