HOMEMADE PIZZA WITH HOME MADE BASE.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BASE
- Maida – 1 ½ cup
- Dry yeast – 1 tbsp
- Warm Milk – ¼ cup [ not hot ]
- Warm Water – ¼ cup to knead the dough [ not hot ]
- Sugar – ½ tbsp
- Salt as required
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Mix the yeast well in warm milk + sugar, cover and keep aside for 10 mins till it becomes frothy. The yeast should dissolve completely and the mixture should double in quantity.
Add this mixture to the flour + salt + olive oil and knead it into a soft dough.[ you can sprinkle few drops if water is less]
Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for minimum 1 hr or more, for the dough to rise.
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING
- Pizza sauce – 2 tbsp or as required
- Finely chopped deseeded tomato + onion + capsicum
- Finely chopped mushroom + chopped black olives
- Chopped chicken tikka
- Pizza cheese or mozrella cheese as required
- Chilli flakes + mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven at 210 * [I have used convectional mode ]
- Grease the pizza pan or tray .
After 1 hr again knead the dough again by punching.
Either divide the dough into 2 small balls to make 2 small pizzas or roll it into 1 thick base as shown in the pic.[adjust the thickness as per your wish ]
Transfer the base in a baking pan or tray.
Prick the base everywhere with a fork .
I divided the base into 4 by giving a cut, to make 4 different pizzas.
Spread the pizza sauce.
Sprinkle the grated cheese over the sauce.
Now add or arrange the toppings as you desire .
Cover the whole topping with grated cheese.
Drizzle few drops of olive oil .
Bake the pizza for 15 minutes till it is done.
Once done sprinkle mixed herbs / oregano + chilli flakes .
Drizzle tomato ketchup.
Cut it with a pizza cutter / knife / scissors .
- If the yeast doesn’t rise ,then make the mixture again with fresh ingredient .
- I did not make the base very thick .
- You can double the quantity of ingredients to make more pizzas.
- You can use toppings of your choice like baby corn ,corn ,paneer , zucchini ,sausage , salami etc
- You can also make cheese stuffed pizza – roll 2 bases then spread lot of cheese on one base and cover it with other base and continue with the procedure.
- Could not click the images well .
- Instead of pizza sauce you can try pasta sauce . I have used a readymade one.
- Don’t reduce the cheese , more the cheese better the taste.
- You can take a mixture of wheat flour + maida . [ 1:1 ]
- Don’t roll the base into very thick base or it will take more time to bake.
- You can also use different cheese.
- Instead of yeast you can use baking pwdr or baking soda.
I have made 4 different pizzas – mixed veges , olive + mushroom + chicken tikka + double cheese margarita.
for more recipes click on the names below : –
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS , VIDEOS , RECIPE , AMAZING KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies