POTATO PEPPER FRY
- Boiled potatoes – 4
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Onion sliced finely – 1 big
- Garlic crushed or finely minced – 1 tbsp
- Freshly ground pepper pwdr – 1 or 1 ½ tsp as per taste
- Turmeric pwdr – a generous pinch [optional]
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt taste
Pressure cook the potatoes till done .[ don’t over cook ] Peel and chop it into cubes.
Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds + fennel seeds allow it to crackle .
Add onion and curry leaves and fry till golden brown .
Add garlic and fry .
Add the potatoes and mix well .
Add turmeric pwdr + pepper pwdr + salt and mix.
Stir fry for a minute.
Lower the flame ,cover and cook for 4 -5 mns by stirring in between.
The potatoes should be roasted from all sides .
Garnish with coriander leaves .
Serve as side dish.
- We can use baby potatoes .
- Turmeric pwdr is optional – I added for colour. U can also add chilli pwdr for red colour by reducing pepper pwdr .
- Same recipe can be tried with chicken /mushroom / boiled egg.
- Instead of adding fennel seeds while tempering it – dry roast the fennel seeds and grind it together with the pepper .
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Authentic kashmiri dum aloo
- Simple potato fry
- Stuffed aloo cheese paratha
- Aloo cheese sandwich
- Potato smileys
- Potato filling for masala dosa
- Baby potato recipe
- Cheese corn potato balls
- Sweet potato puran poli
- Potato stir fry recipe
- Aloo chaat
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies