CHICKEN TIKKA WITH SMOKY TANDOORI FLAVOUR.
- ½ kg boneless chicken cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp chilli pwdr [as per taste]
- ¼ tsp turmeric pwdr
- 1 tsp garam masala pwdr
- 1/2 tsp jeera pwdr
- 1/2 tsp kasoori methi pwdr
- Pinch of tandoori colour [optional]
- 1 tbsp oil
- lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
Clean ,wash and drain the chicken.
Marinate it with curd, ginger-garlic paste, chilli, turmeric , garam masala pwdr, lemon juice , food colour, kasoori methi pwdr and salt .
Marinate it for minimum 1 hr to overnight.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a thick bottom pan on medium flame.
Put marinated chicken into it and mix well.
Cover it with a lid and cook for 5 – 7 minutes on high flame for the chicken to sweat completely .
Once the chicken leaves [sweats] water .[as shown in the pic]
Open the lid.
Now cook on medium flame till complete water evaporates and the chicken gets cooked.
Off the stove once the water completely evaporates and oil separates and all the chicken gets coated with the oil.
Sprinkle chaat masala and serve with green chutney + onion rings + lemon .
Giving smoky flavour [ OPTIONAL ]
- Natural charcoal[koyla] small piece.
- 1/2 tsp ghee.
- Small steel bowl.[katori]
- Pan with a lid.
- Chicken tikka.
Take a small piece of natural charcoal and burn it directly on the top of the stove burner on high flame with a help of tongs. Keep rotating the charcoal so that it burns from all sides.
Place the burning charcoal in a small steel bowl [katori].
Place the bowl in centre of the pan in which the chicken is kept.[as shown in the pic]
Now add a tsp of ghee to the hot charcoal.
The coal will start smoking , immediately cover the pan with the lid for 30 seconds.
The smoke gets trapped inside the chicken giving it a smoky tandoor flavour.
Sprinkle little chaat masala pwdr.
Serve with onion rings, lemon and green chutney.NOTE
- Cut the chicken in small cubes so that the masala gets absorbed well and the chicken cooks fast.
- Takes less time to cook as they are small in size .
- Marinate it for overnight, more the marination better the taste.
- You can try this smoking method for any food dish [dal , paneer,veges ,naan]
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- What to cook for breakfast ?– 500 recipes
- Cake recipes – 46 cake recipes + 40 tips on baking -baking in cooker /pan /kadai
- Idli recipes – 42 tips + 27 different idli recipes
- Veg recipes– 100 + recipes
- Cooking tips – 200 tips
- Tips for buying and cooking fish– 30 recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking chicken – 30 + recipes
- Tips for buying and cooking mutton– 20 + recipes
- Rice recipes – 53 + rice recipes
- Diet plan for losing weight
FOR MORE TIPS , TRICKS, RECIPE ,KITCHEN TOOLS LIKE OUR FaceBook PAGE