- Fresh curd [ not sour ] – 2 cup
- For sweetness you can add any one of this Condensed milk – 6 or 8 tbsp OR Powdered sugar – 5 or 6 tbsp OR Honey – 6 or 7 tbsp [ as per taste ]
- Strawberry crush or strawberry topping as shown in the pic below – 1 tbsp or as per the flavour you want .You can add more if you want strong flavour / less if u want mild flavour.
- Finely chopped almond+ cashew + pista – 1 or 2 tbsp [optional ]
- Take the curd in a muslin cloth , tie it tightly and hang it over night or minimum 6 – 8 hrs till the complete water [ whey ] drains out. Once done , keep it in fridge or it will become sour.
Take the hung curd in a bowl and whisk for few seconds till smooth.
Add any one of the sweetness ingredient and whisk for 3 – 4 minutes. [add little by little so that once it reaches your taste , you can stop ]
Add strawberry crush + chopped dry fruits and mix well .
Refrigerate it till chill .
Serve chilled by garnishing with dry fruits or chopped fresh strawberry or tutti frutti.
- I did not have strawberries so used syrup /crush /topping . Be careful while adding as these syrups or sweet .
- You can use fresh strawberries also – cook around 15 – 18 chopped strawberries with 2 tbsp sugar in a pan till it becomes soft .Cool it,blend it and add it .Here you have to adjust the sweetness according to the sweetness of the fruit .
- You can just use strawberry essence with red food colour.
- You can just add little jam and whisk together .
- Same can be done with any flavours.
- You can refrigerate and use it for a day or 2.
SHRIKHAND [ SHIKHRINI ]
Is prepared by tying yoghurt / curd in a muslin and is left to drain for hours or even overnight . The leftover thick curd is known as ‘chakka ‘. Sugar is later added to it with cardamom and saffron and all are blended together .It is served chilled .In Gujrat it is served with khaaja poori. We can give various variations to it just by adding dry fruits / fruit pulps / syrups or artificial flavours.Instead of sugar we can use honey /condensed milk . Sometimes we can prepare a thin version of it just by adding milk / water / curd called as Piyush or Shedki .
Also what I noticed was if we freeze it in the freezer forfew hrs ,our frozen yoghurt is ready ,very much similar to ice creams made with fresh cream – use curd with less sourness and your ice cream is ready .
Here I am sharing with you all few of my experiments with shrikhand , just click on the names below for recipe –
- Mango shrikhand recipe
- Chocolate shrikhand
- Orange shrikhand
- Nutella shrikhand
- Strawberry shrikhand
- Condensed milk shrikhand
- Honey nuts shrikhand
- Coconut shrikhand
for more recipes click on the names below :-
- Vermicelli kesari
- Mango shrikhand recipe
- Dudhi ka halwa
- Rava kheer
- Chocolate making
- Cake recipes
- Tips for soft idlis
- Rice recipes
- Pista kulfi recipe
- Malpua with rabri recipe
- Jalebi recipe
- Shahi tukda recipe
- Mango rabri recipe
- Rabri recipe
- Rice kheer recipe
- Sweet pongal recipe
For more tips , tricks , videos , recipe , amazing kitchen appliances like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies